It can sometimes be difficult to find ways to stay healthy, so we’ve asked members of our Baylor College of Medicine community to share what they do in their daily lives to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Amber Breindel, instructor and nurse practitioner in the Joseph Barnhart Department of Orthopedic Surgery, shares some of her healthy habits with us.
Question: What health decisions start your day?
Answer: Typically start my morning with a cup of coffee, work out and water
Q: What is your go-to healthy breakfast?
A: Yogurt or a protein shake
Q: What is your favorite type of exercise?
A: Spin classes!
Q: What keeps you motivated during your workout?
A: What foods I can indulge in after 😊
Q: What activities do you do when you can’t fit in a full workout?
Upper body strength classes
Q: What is your favorite healthful snack?
A: Cucumbers and carrots
Q: Do you take vitamins and if so, which ones?
A: Daily multivitamin
Q: How do you make an unhealthy recipe healthy (healthy substitutions)?
A: Sub mayonnaise or sour cream with Greek yogurt, sub ground beef for ground turkey or chicken, low-carb tortillas
Q: What is your nighttime skin regimen?
A: Face wash, microfoliant, retinol, hyaluronic acid serum and moisturizer
Q: What hobbies do you have to help you relax?
Q: What is your go-to Houston restaurant for a healthy meal?
Q: What is your favorite health tip that you live by?
A: Staying hydrated and protecting my skin with sunscreen, hats and sunglasses!
Additional Healthy Habits:
- Paolo Dugo aims for eight hours of sleep and enjoys playing basketball
- Healthy Habits: Dr. Ellen Friedman starts and ends her day with gratitude
- Healthy Habits: Dr. Wyatt Kupperman enjoys cycling and cooking at home
- Healthy Habits: Dr. Felicia Skelton-Dudley starts her day with quiet reflection and practices yoga
- Healthy Habits: Dr. Chad Wilson enjoys running and golfing
- Learn how Baylor promotes a culture of healthy living and wellness