From the Labs is compiling a catalog of research images and videos from Baylor College of Medicine labs.
We invite our research community to submit their research images and videos. The submissions will be considered for posting in From the Labs as the Image/Video of the Month, in our mini-gallery on display at main Baylor, Baylor webpages and other projects.
- Eligible submissions include:
- High-quality microscopy research images (any technique). (Examples)
- Creative compositions of research images (Example1, Example2, Example3)
- Artist renditions of structures or processes (Example1, Example2, Example3)
- Short animations (up to 20 seconds long) of structures or processes (Example1, Example2, Example3)
- Short videos (up to 20 seconds long) of biological processes (Example1, Example2)
- The submission can be part of a published paper.
- If the submission is unpublished but is under consideration for publication or for a contest in the future, submit after publication or after the contest has concluded.
- The submission is eligible if it is unpublished and is not considered for publication or a contest in the future.
- Submit the highest resolution available via BOX to Ana.Rodriguez@bcm.edu
- Include a brief caption for a lay audience that is 50 words long or less. A good prompt is “The image (video) shows…” Include the date the submission was created and the names of those who should receive credit for it, including the name of the primary investigator whose lab produced the submission. If the submission is part of a published paper or has won a contest (first place or finalist), include the paper reference or the name of the contest with web links.
- There is no date limit for the creation of the submission.
- Each lab may submit a maximum of three images or three videos or a combination up to three.
- The submission must have been created in a Baylor College of Medicine lab or Core Lab by Baylor-affiliated researchers.
- Submissions will be accepted starting Jan. 24.
Submissions will be selected for use and display by the Office of Communications and the Office of Research.
The creators of the submissions selected will be informed by email before the image is displayed.
Submission display will be announced via Baylor internal communications and social media.
We are looking forward to receiving your submissions!